A Special Evening PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 18 May 2005 16:00
Karley and I decided to stay close to home today in order for Makai to get caught up on his sleep and adjust to his new surroundings. The time difference, though not yet affecting his temperament, was playing havoc with the length of time he was sleeping and we figured that soon his great mood would be affected. Besides, we were going to visit Rosanne later and we wanted him to be well rested.

We headed over to Coldwater by 5:15 PM in time to meet Dana and Noah before going out to Rosanne's. She wasn't expecting us until 6:00 o'clock but when we are dealing with children's schedules, sometimes dates and times need to be changed. Rosanne had predicted Makai's birth at Christmas back in February of 2004 and she has been listening to me rave about him for a long time so it was time she met him. The last time she saw Noah was in November 2003 and she was looking forward to seeing how much he had grown. We were hoping to see how her energy work with Althea would differ when in the presence of infants and toddlers so we organized this visit last week.

As we expected, Jim (who is very comfortable with Rosanne) came through immediately while she held Makai and it was an emotional moment for all of us. Through Rosanne, he told Karley how proud he was and what a great mother she is. Earlier, Karley had told me how sad she was that her dad wasn't "alive" to meet his grandson and through Rosanne, Jim told Karley not to feel sorry about his earthly absence. He then told her that he watches over Makai while he sleeps! I know for some sceptics, this may seem completely impossible, however, I assure you that if you know Rosanne and you were there, you would know this is all very real. We all had a very special evening!