Charming PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 17 May 2005 16:00
This morning we were all awake by 7:30 AM and despite his lack of sleep Makai still managed to greet Granni and Grandpa with a big smile. He had woken briefly at 3:30 and then again a 6:00 to eat but considering the time change, I thought he did extremely well.

Because the weather was beautiful, today we wanted to go downtown for some lunch and a walk on our way to visit my mom so she could meet her great-grandson. We stopped by Sanderson Monuments, to visit our friends there and introduce them to Makai who charmed everyone with his grin. After lunch at a local eatery, La Mezzaluna on Mississaga Street, we walked to Victoria House, where Mom resides. Makai happily flirted with all the residents and staff, working his way into everyone's hearts. His "Great-Nana" was thrilled to finally meet him and see his mom, the first time since December 2003. I couldn't get over how happy he was, despite having only a couple of catnaps and being surrounded by strangers in unfamiliar surroundings.

On our way back home, after we stopped at Zehr's to pick up some grocery supplies he finally fell into a deep sleep in the car seat. Not wanting to disturb him, Karley left him in his seat while she read beside him. After close to an hour, he woke up only to be scooped up by Grandpa who finally got to spend some time with him. In Vancouver, Karley and Ian have been bathing him and preparing him for bed by 6-6:30 but because of the time change, he wasn't ready for that until much later. After a bath with Grandpa and some snuggling with his Mom, he settled in for lights out at 9:00 while the three adults watched TV in the bedroom. He's a sweetie!