Great-Grandma's Visit PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 19 May 2005 16:00
We have been fortunate with the weather since Karley and Makai have arrived and we have enjoyed spending some time outside. Makai seems very enthralled with the great outdoors and fortunately, so far we haven't had any difficulty with black flies or mosquitoes even though there are plenty around. Today Helen drove here from Lindsay to spend some time with her granddaughter and her great-grandson. Helen last saw them both in Vancouver in March and was eager to see Makai and present him with the two new teddy bears she knitted for him.

Makai was as charming as ever and he contentedly snuggled into his great-grandma's lap while Karley gave her a haircut. Afterwards we enjoyed a nice lunch while Makai napped and then we all headed over to Wal-Mart to buy him some teething toys and pyjamas. At not quite five months old he already has two teeth erupting and everything goes in his mouth, including Granni's and Great-Grandma's fingers. As the shopping trip was nearing the end, Makai was getting tired so I cuddled him while his mom paid for her purchases. He lived up to the nickname Grandpa gave him...Ralph, and I left the store smelling like "eau de baby-barf"... something I am becoming very accustomed to.

We had a terrific day visiting with Helen and she enjoyed seeing how much her great-grandson had grown. She headed home with the promise that we would get together again soon before Makai and Karley return to Vancouver.