Jamie's Home PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 26 May 2005 16:00
It has been one year and five months since Karley and I have seen her youngest brother Jamie and this morning I was awake at 4:50 AM in anticipation of his arrival. Before anything else I am a mother and the excitement of seeing my "baby" again after such a long time had me sleeping lightly all night. The alarm was set for 6:00 because I was driving to Pearson Airport in Toronto to pick him up at 8:00 and I knew I would have the "pleasure" of driving in rush hour traffic. Once my eyes opened over an hour before the alarm was set to go off, I knew I was up for the day.

Surprisingly, the traffic wasn't as bad as I had anticipated and even though I set out at 6:40, I was still at the airport parking-garage by 7:55. As it turned out, his plane was late and I even had time to get a coffee before he was scheduled to land. I then went into the restricted baggage area to wait for him as he came down the escalator. (At 8:00 in the morning, Terminal 1 is pretty quiet.) Anyway, there he was, looking much the same as he had the last time I saw him and I simply enjoyed just looking at him.

Once we arrived in Orillia, Jamie reunited with his sister and finally met his nephew for the first time. We enjoyed lunch at a local eatery and then Jamie went to visit with friends while Karley and I wandered around downtown at the "sidewalk event", browsing through the outside bargain stands and occasionally running into old friends. We discovered a new baby's store, The Stork's Landing, owned by friends of Karley where we scored a couple of great items at a good price and then we headed home to the RV. By then, Makai and I were exhausted so while his mommy went to the gym, we both had a much-needed afternoon nap. Makai had had a busy day and I was tired but content that my "baby" was in the vicinity.