A Good Visit PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 12 August 2005 16:00
Yesterday, Gayle, Rosanne and I hung out by ourselves for a while while the men picked up the rest of our furniture and then did guy things. We relaxed, yapped and then went to Liz's Furniture and Borkholders Dutch Village, both in Nappanee and great places to explore. Rick and I were first introduced to Liz's Furniture in the early spring by our friends, Sandy and Dennis, and we in turn took Gayle and Graham there in June when we were here. It is one of the finest furniture stores I have ever been into and a wonderful place for ideas on decorating. The staff are friendly and most helpful and the furniture is very reasonably priced and of high quality. Borkholder's is a collection of dozens of vendor's booths displaying an array of goods from country to city and antique to modern. Again the prices are reasonable and it was a great place to spend an afternoon.

Today we woke up to torrential rains that we thought would last for the entire day. However finally as it was nearing lunchtime, the skies cleared up and the five of us ventured out to the same two places the girls were at yesterday. We discovered a few things we didn't see before and Gayle and Graham found a couple of things for their new home in Barrie. We then went back to the coffee house AGAIN for the usual...baked oatmeal and some coffee. My waistline will be glad to see the last of this place but I will certainly miss the treats.

When we returned to the Pla-Mor RV Park, the clouds moved in and the rain poured down, this time even more excessively than this morning. Rick was kept busy keeping the neighbours awning from collapsing (they were away for the day) and making sure that ours and Gayle's and Graham's stayed intact. After it finally subsided, the park resembled a lake but we weren't floating anywhere, so all seems okay. Again, we have had a good visit here in Indiana!