Preparing PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 23 August 2005 16:00
Surprisingly, even as we approach two years of fulltiming we are still learning that we could be more comfortable with some adjustments. In December, we changed the floor, this summer we changed the furniture configuration, bought a motorcycle for touring and a trailer to put it and the car in. Hopefully, this marks the end of the big stuff but no doubt, the little stuff will go on for a while.

Today we drove to Barrie to buy some new knives and to look at water filtration systems. The knives we currently have, though they have built in sharpeners, can't even cut butter and as I am tired of massacring fruits and vegetables, they need to be replaced. Even though we have a Brita water filter and an additional filter on the water intake, we have found ourselves in places where the term "potable" water needs to be questioned. While in Indiana at the campground we stayed at, the water was horrible and we wanted to have a system available for the future.

We settled on a set of Henckels knives, with separate sharpener and a canvas carrying case (originally designed for artists paint brushes) which will keep the blades safe and fit nicely in the drawer. The manager at the Water Depot on Essa Road in Barrie was very helpful and because she was an experienced RVer, she knew exactly what we were looking for. We now have a cleanable ceramic/carbon filter with a built-in easy on easy off bypass for those times when we don't need it. I also found an inexpensive coffee maker (similar to one I had in the past that I had loved), to replace our current less than satisfactory one. And so, we are now equipped AGAIN for the next leg of our journey.

Despite the approaching end-of-summer, it is still very warm here in the day time. These butterflies were gathering en mass near Christine's flower garden.