Happy Birthday Karley! PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 26 August 2005 16:00

Thirty years ago today, I gave birth to my first child, a baby girl, Karley Helen Seabrook. Jim, her dad, was usually away during the week with his job and Karley's expected arrival date was September 15th, however fortunately he just happened to be home that Tuesday. I woke up in the morning feeling "not quite right" and immediately called my neighbour, a friend and mother of two. After feeling my pregnant belly Linda also agreed that something was off as I was having what felt like contractions lasting 30 minutes or longer. Long story short, after hours of unusual labour I gave birth to a perfect little girl.

Today my little girl is enjoying the same feelings I did thirty years ago as a mother to Makai and partner to Makai's dad, Ian. She has adjusted to this new role in her life as an astounding, caring parent and loving mate. Most importantly, through her example, I have learned to become a better person, discovering and sharing things about myself that I didn't know before. When she was little, I was her teacher and now, three decades later, we have come full circle, and she has become mine.

Happy Birthday, Karley! I love you very much and thank you for being you!