Two Weeks to Go PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 01 October 2005 16:00
Wouldn't you know it... the motorcycle is finally back together again and now the weather forecast for the next week is calling for rain. Oh well, fortunately we are spending much of the winter in a warmer location where we should be able to use it a lot. At least we know it runs well, the new pipes are perfect and with the way the weather changes here, we may get to ride it again before we leave.

We had a good day, it rained and we hung around the motorhome all day doing little other than talking on the phone, TV watching and Internet surfing. I like days like that when there are no commitments and nothing pressing to do, a day to relax at home. We always seem to be on the go and these "lazy" days are a welcome change from our busy everyday routine. Even Sam the cat was in her glory because we were here for her all day and she couldn't decide who to pester more, Rick or me.

Today we slept in, Rick watched the NASCAR race and I found and reserved a campsite for a week in Eugene, Oregon after we leave here. We are scheduled to check in there on the same day we leave here, October 16. It will take us roughly seven and a half hours to get there without giving us time to see the sights. We spent a few days in Eugene when we went through Oregon a year and a half ago and we really liked the area so we want to go back and explore it some more. If the weather participates, we may even get to use our motorcycle for some of our jaunts and we'll do our sightseeing then.