Five More Sleeps PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 07 December 2005 16:00

My headache is completely gone and when I woke up at 8:45 this morning, I was well rested and feeling great. Once I got the cobwebs out of my head and checked my email, I headed for the pool because I knew my woodcarving class would take up the whole afternoon. My timing was perfect because there was a seminar on brake systems being conducted at the same time so the pool was deserted. Not only that, it was incredibly warm and perfect for a 40 minute workout. The sky was clear and the temperature was about 20C but by the time woodworking started grey clouds were rapidly moving in and with them cooler temperatures, something not forecasted. Were we finally going to see rain?

This evening, Jennifer came over and we watched my favourite Thursday night television shows together; The Apprentice, CSI, The Passionate Eye and ER. Sure enough, the rain came while we were inside leaving not much more than a fresh smell in the air and some raindrops on the ground. Last year, here in the desert, the weather was colder and wetter than they have seen in decades but so far we are experiencing a more typical winter. Apparently when it does rain it can often be torrential and driving anywhere can be hazardous because of the flash floods that occur. We certainly didn’t get that type of rainfall tonight and hopefully we won’t for the duration of our stay here.

Meanwhile in Ontario, Rick spent part of his day repacking the stuff we have stored at Jay’s house and moving some more fragile stuff to his sister Gayle’s house. Our plan is to pick it up with the motorhome, possibly next fall if we can get back to Ontario for a visit then. The weather has been pretty good considering he is back in snow country but he is looking forward to his return here on Tuesday; back to the dry, sunny desert. And I am still counting down the days! This was a picture taken of Rick with Makai on November 15th, when Rick was in Vancouver.