Holidays??? PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 04 February 2006 16:00

The weather in Coachella Valley has been outstanding all week, with highs close to 30C however, today, though hot, the skies were slightly overcast all day. At 6:15 AM, it was already 16C and later it peaked at 27C which is still warmer than what is usually expected for this time of year. For the first time in a week, last night I slept soundly through the night AND I am back on Pacific Time at last. We went to bed at 10:00 PM and at 6:15 AM I headed to the pool for a peaceful, lengthy swim. It is nice to be back!

We are now preparing for our jaunt to Cancun, a Christmas gift from Jay, which we depart for next Saturday. As is his nature, while attending an event in the fall where someone was selling raffle tickets, Jay agreed to buy one to help the guy out. (It seems no one else was buying.) He was a little surprised to find that the tickets were $100 each but he purchased one anyway and lo and behold, he won first prize, a Caribbean cruise for two. Rather than take the cruise he opted for a travel voucher which he presented to us for Christmas.

Once we return, on February 18th we will remain in the park until March 20th when we head to Pomona, California for the FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) rally. From there we are heading to Vegas to meet Chris and Fred who will be spending their holidays with us. Before all that happens though, Helen will be flying into Palm Springs on February 20th to spend two weeks of her vacation with us. And so our winter is progressing and we are looking forward to our next round of visitors from the snowy north and our holiday in the even sunnier south!

I took this picture today while Rick and I were enjoying a walk here at Catalina Spa.