Another Day in Paradise PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 05 February 2006 16:00

At the sake of sounding repetitive, gosh, the weather here right now is so warm and the scenery so beautiful, it IS like being in paradise! The overnight temperatures still drop down to single digits but the daytime highs are almost 30C and we are experiencing wonderful, windless days. Does it really get any better? Not only that, we are surrounded with such beauty! We are definitely lucky people and do not think for a minute that we don’t appreciate it.

This morning I started my day swimming in the upper pool at 7:15 and it was so warm and inviting, it was hard to get out. Later in the day, after Rick attended to the up and coming putting green, we headed into Palm Springs to get a coffee and wander around, just for something to do. As usual, Mondays are quieter downtown so we didn’t have to deal with crowds of people, making our walk very pleasant. Afterwards we picked up some groceries at Trader Joe’s and some new T-shirts at Target before heading home to the park.

It was almost 6:00 PM by time we unloaded the car and put our groceries away after which, we set up the massage table and I gave Rick a Reiki treatment. He hasn’t been sleeping well lately and we hoped perhaps the Reiki would help. Afterwards, Jeanie, a fellow “fulltimer” came over for a previously scheduled Reiki appointment. I love giving Reiki treatments to anyone who requests them because it is a treat for both myself and the recipient. Having done two treatments, back to back, and in the evening should ensure a great sleep for all three of us.

Currently, it is after midnight and I am wide awake while my two “clients” are sleeping peacefully but I know once I surrender to the night, I will enjoy a deeper-than-usual sleep and I will wake up here in paradise, well rested. This picture was taken this morning at 7:15.