Whew! PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 20 February 2006 16:00

While we were away, one of the ladies who volunteers in the sales office here had to leave unexpectedly, leaving a vacancy in that department. Yesterday, I was offered her position which would give us free “camping” in lieu of wages and it was an offer I couldn’t refuse. So today I spent some time in the office learning about what the job entails, while Rick tended to the putting green and Helen napped and read her book. Later, Helen joined me when I went over to Palm Springs to give Bill, a client I have been treating regularly, a Reiki treatment.

This evening, when we returned, I found a newsletter, The Guild Gram, on our doorstep with a note from the president of the Palm Springs Writers Guild asking me to call him. It seems Bill Clark had attended one of my classes here at the park several weeks ago and he wanted to know if I would be a speaker at an upcoming meeting. My topic is about writing and maintaining a webpage or BLOG, something as you know by now I am passionate about. How good is that? Aside from the opportunity to share with others whatever it is I can about online journaling, it will give me a chance to learn from some professional writers (such as Bill) about writing.

This morning, while I was swimming in the upper pool admiring my surroundings, I wondered how I got to be so fortunate with everything I have in my life. Now, here I am tonight feeling even more blessed with all the great things that have been happening and I am reminded of the expression, “When it rains, it pours.” SO, I can tell you quite honestly, I am very excited.