Happy! PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 19 February 2006 16:00

Yesterday, our first day back in Desert Hot Springs, we spent most of it cleaning in the motorhome. When we arrived home we discovered the whole interior to be covered in a thick layer of dust which was caused when a big windstorm hit the area on Thursday. We had left a couple of windows open so Sam would be comfortable and Gladys, our friend and cat-sitter would check on her and the motorhome daily. However, cooler temperatures moved in on Thursday along with some severe wind and the windows weren’t closed till late in the day, hence the dust blanketing everything.

While we cleaned, the televisions were on, displaying the Daytona 500, the first NASCAR race of the season. With the race on, Rick didn’t mind cleaning at all and before you knew it we were completely finished and everything was sparkling. Though it has been very cold in the mornings, I have still gone swimming at 6:00 AM and this morning I finished all of our laundry while I was at the pool. The motorhome was now ready for Helen, who is coming to stay with us for the next two weeks.

Helen arrived safely just in time for a dinner of barbequed salmon and fresh salad after which we spent the evening watching TV and relaxing in our clean, comfortable “house”. We sure are happy to be back in our home in the desert!