A Rainy Day in Eugene PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 18 May 2006 16:00

Finally the temperature has dropped to a more normal one for this time of the year with a high of 19C (66.2F) and for the first time in a long while, we are experiencing a rainy day. Though all we are getting is a light drizzle, it is just wet enough to give us an excuse to stay home, a good thing really because I am still suffering with a headache. (see today’s Blog entry) Meanwhile, Rick did a little more cleaning outside before the rain started and one of the things he cleaned was the roof. He was quite happy when the skies opened up and the rain started because it meant that the roof would get a good rinsing with no effort on his part.

Yesterday while we were driving around in Eugene we were trying to define exactly what it is we like about this city and we decided it was the way it reminds us of Vancouver. Eugene is a university town, hence there are a lot of students here, it is very bicycle friendly, there are an abundance of places to shop for organic produce and there is plenty of green space inside the city limits. There are even some neighbourhoods we drove through that could easily pass for some we have been to in Vancouver.

Tomorrow we are looking forward to going to the Eugene Saturday Market, one of our favourite reasons to keep coming back here. The market runs from April 1st through to November 11th and it is one of the best ones we have been to anywhere. Again, I had no opportunity to take any pictures but I did do some playing with my camera. Here is Sam, (in her glory with us being here all day) cuddled up in Rick’s arms.