American Friends in Canada PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 07 August 2006 16:00

As I predicted in yesterday’s journal entry, last night we slept like babies; after our long motorcycle ride we were exhausted. Today we slept in a little and decided to forgo our walk, which we needed but we were just not ready for.

Our American friends, Rich and Laura, drove north yesterday and are staying in Lynden, Washington just south of here. Because of the regulations regarding taking pet birds in and out of the US, they have decided to stay in Washington and drive over in their car to visit. This afternoon they arrived at Karley’s shortly after noon and soon after we took them on the Albion Ferry to Fort Langley. Wouldn’t you know it, after weeks of warm dry weather, this afternoon it clouded over and as we were exiting the ferry the drizzle started. (I’ve been trying to convince Laura that the weather really IS nice in Vancouver in the summer and this is blowing my credibility.) Though the weather certainly interfered with any exploring plans we might have had, we still managed to have a good time.

When we returned to the house, Laura and Rich were very happy to be able to use their computers with Karley’s Wifi to check their email and update their Blog. They haven’t had internet access since last week and they were showing signs of withdrawal! We enjoyed a late dinner of barbequed wild BC salmon, corn on the cob and fresh blueberries before they headed back across the border. Tomorrow we are taking them into Vancouver for the day and the forecast is calling for a dryer day. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it's right!