Exploring Vancouver PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 08 August 2006 16:00

This morning Rich and Laura arrived at the house early as we had made plans to take them into Vancouver for the day. Our first stop was to Commercial Drive, Karley and Ian’s old neighbourhood, where we first became acquainted with Vancouver almost two years ago. Ever since we first met Rich and Laura (who is a sushi lover) I had been telling them how in Vancouver you can get great sushi for $5.00 (for 12 pieces). Today we took them to the Sushi King restaurant on The Drive for the bargain meal and now Laura knows I wasn’t exaggerating AND the sushi really IS good.

From there we went to Granville Island (another must see) and we strolled around the market, both inside and out, as the sun had come out from behind the clouds and it turned into a great day. Then we drove downtown and parked in the underground parking at Jay’s apartment building. His roommate, Sarah, had the day off and we asked her to join us for a bicycle venture to Stanley Park. We all walked down to False Creek, a few blocks from the apartment, where we rented bicycles, two tandems for the two couples and a single bike for Sarah.

The five of us made the tour around the seawall of the park, a fourteen kilometer round trip, which we really enjoyed; the temperature was perfect, just 20C (about 69F) and sunny. It would have been brutal if had been any warmer because it was a good workout as it was. Tonight, Jay and Sarah joined us for dinner at one of the many eateries in Yaletown and then we took them all by our future condo building to see the progress.

Just as we were getting the bicycles organized, the Canadian Air Force Snowbirds flew overhead in formation and I was lucky enough to have my camera in my hands.