Stunning Bryce Canyon PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 07 October 2006 16:00

I love that we are living and traveling in a motorhome! It allows us to visit and see places most people never get to go to and we never take our good fortune for granted. As a result of reading Aron Ralston’s book, Between a Rock and a Hard Place, I learned that Utah was a state of geographic beauty worth checking out.

The weather forecast for today is still holding; we’ve had sunshine all day but there are clouds moving in so we took advantage of the weather while it lasted and rode the motorcycle to Bryce Canyon National Park this morning. The ride there was beautiful; more scenic than the ride to the Grand Canyon and a little warmer because we weren’t at such a high altitude for as long. Utah, like Arizona, has such a diverse landscape and none of it escaped us.

As we approached the park, we drove through the Red Canyon in the Dixie National Forest which was incredible and only a taste of what was to come. What can I say about Bryce Canyon? It seems every new “landmark” destination we go to is more scenic than the next or certainly comparable, and Bryce Canyon is no exception. As we drove through the park we stopped at every view point and not once did we tire of what we were looking at. It was absolutely stunning; words cannot describe what we saw and pictures just don’t do it justice at all.

On our ride home, we raced with the rain clouds but other than a couple of drops, we avoided getting wet. The next couple of days are probably too unsettled to take the bike, but you can be sure, our exploration of this area is far from over!