Happy Thanksgiving Folks! PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 08 October 2006 16:00

Before I write about our day, I would like to wish all our Canadian family, friends and readers a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you are all enjoying time relaxing and being with your families and friends not to mention eating some good food! Please take this time to reflect on all the good things in your life and be sure to thank our Creator for your blessings!

We are back into some unsettled weather here so rather than riding our motorcycle today we used the car to go to Zion National Park. Again we entered a place unlike any other we have been to before offering us more incredible scenery. At Zion we drove down into a huge canyon, through a mile long tunnel, around some twisty corners to the bottom where we had to park the car to take a free shuttle to view more of it. On our drive in we were greeted by a blast of rain making it nearly impossible to see the amazing geography surrounding us.

By the time we reached the visitor center where we were to catch the shuttle, it was pouring and it seemed like our prospects of actually seeing anything just wasn’t going to happen. We walked over to a little eatery just outside the park for lunch and when we were done the sun had come out! Perfect! We took the shuttle deeper into the canyon and enjoyed a mile long walk on a paved path along the banks of the Virgin River to an area called The Narrows. It was really pretty especially with the huge towering walls on either side of the river.

On our way home we took a by-pass to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park to see what it was all about. Because there had been some rain earlier and the dunes were wet, the “pink” colour was more orange but they were pretty cool just the same. There is nowhere to look in this part of the world where we don’t see some really amazing scenery; it truly is incredible. Between the rock formations, the valleys, the rivers and the canyons I really don’t know what has been the most spectacular but I’ll tell you this; we are two very grateful people.