Into Thin Air!! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Monday, 27 August 2007 14:28
aug 28-07.jpgTonight I went looking for my entries from April 7, 2007 to date and every entry has vanished from the site. I have looked everywhere but as of this writing cannot find a thing. I have sent off an email to Steve, my web dude and hopefully he’ll have some answers for me in the morning. For now I have created a new category to place this in. Sorry folks!

This afternoon we drove to the Vancouver International Airport to pick up Helen who was arriving on a 3:30 flight from Toronto. I have to say, though I’m not crazy about the location of the airport, (Richmond) the airport itself is very user friendly and makes picking up visitors a pleasant task. Helen emerged from the elevator shortly after her plane touched down and was all smiles as usual. It’s lovely to have her here for a visit, albeit only for eight days, but we are looking forward to spending some quality time together.

We arrived in Mission about two hours later (rush hour traffic) and were greeted soon after by Makai (already a charmer) who presented his Great-Grandma with a freshly picked pansy. Monet who has never met Great-Grandma was a little shy but for Helen it was love at first sight. Tonight Helen had an early night by BC standards (9:00 PM) but has done well for an Ontario gal after a five hour flight and a very early morning! Tomorrow she’ll have some "chilling" time and no question a time to bond with her two great grandchildren!