Crandon Park PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 21 February 2004 00:00

The sky this morning was a beautiful blue and the sun was warm and promising to be brilliant all day. The beach was calling us but we had a few stops to make along the way.

First we stopped at an electronics superstore to get a battery charger. My camera, being digital seems to have a large appetite for batteries and we figured this would be a better way to keep my camera and me happy. Then we stopped at a bicycle store to get the saddlebags that we had set out to buy last week but couldn't find. The lady that assisted us was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and we left the store with a carrier, a saddlebag, an insulated pack for the carrier and two pairs of gloves. I hate it when my hands sweat while holding on to my handles and apparently these fingerless gloves will make it a lot more comfortable.

Finally we got to the beach at Crandon Park on Key Biscayne. We keep being drawn back to this place because it is so nice! The beach goes for miles, you can walk out into the ocean for a long way before you get into any depth, there are plenty of washrooms and showers and it is un-crowded. We are getting wiser the more we do this so we brought our lawn chairs and a cooler with us this time. After religiously applying our suntan lotion we settled in for a three-hour vegetation session. I like to sit in the shade and read while Rick bakes in the sun but we both absorbed rays, napped and had a wonderful day. Cool