The Windshield Technician PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 23 April 2004 00:00
Rick had to get up early this morning to attend a class in Eugene and it was the reason we had to get here by the 23rd. When we were on our way to Texas we acquired a stone chip in our windshield, one of those ones that needs to be repaired immediately to prevent it from becoming a huge crack. Fortunately at Destiny Dallas, the campground we were staying at, we saw a little business card on the bulletin board advertising a "stone chip repairman". As luck would have it, he too was an RVer staying there and was able to repair the windshield on site. It took him about 45 minutes and cost us $55.00 US, a lot less than a new windshield, and Rick asked him many questions about his business.

Delta Kits, located in Eugene, is a school for and supplier of the material needed to do the type of repair that we needed in Texas. For Rick, it's a great income supplement and something he can offer other people in the same predicament we were in. He can now repair windshield chips on cars and RV's before they become a necessary, expensive replacement while we are on the road!

Meanwhile, I did a major spring-cleaning in the "house", washing down all the woodwork, the floors and mirrors. Then I tore through my closet and the kitchen cupboards, reorganizing and taking an inventory while I was at it. I ended my day by reading a book on the benefits of fasting, something I am in my fourth day of. We both accomplished a lot today AND because it is no longer raining we can enjoy some Canadian news via Bell ExpressVu! Smile