Changes PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 09 June 2004 00:00
Our website is in the throes of some changes. First we have added a search engine so that our readers can find things of interest to them easily. If you are looking for a specific topic, name or place, you just have to type in the name and anything I have written regarding that particular subject will come up. Also, now if you want to contact us, you can be specific as to who your email goes to, either Rick or myself.

We have re-sized the pictures to make them easier to load for those of you on dial-up or who have a smaller screen. That has been a challenge for me too, learning how to make them smaller without losing the quality. I managed to mess up all the pictures I took yesterday hence I had no new ones that were good enough to put on. I also had to make them smaller so that my web-host, CanHost wouldn't shut me down. I did upgrade my site so it will hold a larger capacity but I was still running out of space. I could have taken some of the older entries off but I didn't want to compromise the flavour of the site, so the pictures are smaller instead.

Soon the pictures and entries will also be sort-able by place as well as date but I am still working on that. All in all I am just trying to make this site viewer friendly because ultimately I am hoping through all this I can find a way to make my writing become a paying proposition. I like this venue, it helps me keep my mind sharp and I can practice my writing and picture-taking skills. Your interest and comments are very much appreciated and every time I see the counter numbers go up I am encouraged, so if you like this site, please pass it on to your friends. Just maybe one of them will know someone who knows someone who knows someone...who is looking for a traveling writer. Hmmmm...

I took this picture of Rick tonight working on his laptop. It seems I have finally figured out the re-sizing process!