A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 10 June 2004 00:00
As I have said before, we sleep so well here in BC, that it is a real challenge to be awake before 8:00 AM. I really don't know what to attribute it to: the air, the peacefulness, the ocean or the temperate weather, but whatever it is, we like it a lot. I still wake up very early but I am able to fall back asleep quite easily and Rick just sleeps right through, soundly. The only problem is our days seem to get started late. We do Pilates when we get up, then I get on the Nordic Track for half an hour while Rick makes breakfast. Today I ate my breakfast for lunch! We both spent a lot of time sending emails and looking after some business in between our breakfasts and showers so the morning just disappeared. We headed into town later to pick up some groceries and supplies and by the time we got back it was 6:00 PM. The day's whiz by and I wonder when I had time to work at a real job!

Tonight we walked the beach even though it was very windy and not overly warm. The tide was out so we could walk farther and enjoyed finding whatever the tide brought in earlier. We found dozens of little jellyfish (I assume), which actually look like small silicone breast implants and if we harvested the seaweed that washed up and sold it by the pound, we could make a fortune. There is a resident eagle that resides down the beach and he comes out for his evening hunting expedition every night around 8:00 and on occasion, a seal will swim in close by and bark. Tonight as we walked back we came across a red-eared turtle that had climbed out of the lagoon to the sand nearby to lay her eggs. There is a real treasure trove of life here which changes daily so we will never tire of it and we are so grateful to witness what Mother Nature has to offer.