Accomplishments PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 11 June 2004 00:00
Rick had promised Michael that he would help him do some "mechanical" work on Michael's vintage Lotus. This morning we were up before 8:00 AM and for once, I actually feel like I accomplished some things. I did my 30 minutes on the Nordic Track, ate breakfast and showered and still had half the morning left.

I haven't done a good cleaning for a long time so that was one project I wanted to tackle today. I cleaned all the mirrors, vacuumed throughout, sorted through my closet, washed the floor and dusted every surface. I cleaned out one cupboard, re-organized another and eliminated some junk, which never should have been there in the first place. The motorhome was sparkly clean and I was still only halfway through the afternoon. It was a good feeling to have accomplished so much and still have some time left for me. Rick spent the day doing what Rick loves best and he and Michael were happy with their achievements.

Throughout the day Sam, the cat would check on me to make sure I was here and see how she could help. She has become very affectionate since she became the solo act around here. She sits on my lap when I am on my computer and she is far more visible. While Helen was here, she was always hanging around and if we go out she greets us at the door. Even though we miss Sasha's antics, it's nice to have a sociable Sam-cat again. It is evident that she prefers this single cat life and it is nice that she has overcome her shy skittishness that she has displayed for the past three years. We all have accomplishments to be proud of!