Expanding My Knowledge PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 24 June 2004 00:00
Today, for the first time in a week, we were greeted with overcast skies. For whatever reason, to me it signified that I should spend the day reading and doing some research. I enjoy writing daily in this online journal a lot more than I expected because it gives me the opportunity to share my travels, experiences and opinions and gives me the ability to keep track of my days. My short-term memory has never been terrific and now I actually think it is improving because of the journal. I am much more aware of what I do because I know that I will be writing about it later so I retain my daily experiences longer. The whole process has improved my researching skills too because when I link a page to here, I make sure it is appropriate first. I also learn more about the places that we go to so that I can share accurately the information with everyone that reads about it on our site.

I have been hoping somehow that the "right" person would just happen to come across the website and I would be magically "discovered" and become a paid writer. Silly me! Nothing comes to anyone without some work and today it was time to start the process. I have spent the most part of the day reading the latest edition of the Writers Market, a book (and website) that was recommended to me. It is loaded with all kinds of information, tips and listings of book and magazine editors and agents for people like myself, looking for ways to become published. I am not really sure where it will lead and for all I know, my writing will never be good enough to earn money but at least I can say I tried.

Sam was helping me as you can see!