Buried Words PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 08 July 2004 00:00
Up until recently, we enjoyed pleasant summer weather; warm with highs in the low to mid 20'sC but for the past couple of days we've been lucky if it even gets to 20C. With the strong winds we have been experiencing, it often feels cooler than that and today was no exception. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but it's the kind of weather that keeps me indoors doing my chores, reading or writing.

This morning, while I was showering I "felt" words running through my brain as if someone was text messaging me. It is hard to explain this but I could almost see the typewritten words rapidly going on paper while at the same time I could hear a loud musical buzz going through me into my ears. I know this sounds crazy, but I don't know how else to explain this. Anyway, after I got dressed, I sat at the computer and started to write.

It seems I have, what for now appears to be, a short story buried inside me and today, I have started to write it. I wrote seven pages in as many hours and there is a lot more waiting to come out because my typing skills are limited and I couldn't type as fast as my brain was dictating. I have no idea if it will become anything worthy of publishing, but I will be sure to keep you updated. I am not sure exactly where this came from but if you have been reading this journal, you know I have a hunch and only time will tell. I finally had to stop because I needed to take a break and besides I had to write here and let you know about my day!

I am enclosing a picture we took a couple of nights ago because I thought it was very cool!