Chores PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 07 July 2004 00:00

2004-07-07 006_small.jpgThis morning I just couldn't get myself going. I was awake at 4:30 AM and it took me forever to fall back to sleep so I was tired when 8:30 AM rolled around. Rick was up early because he had made plans to help a couple of fellow campers with some mechanical problems so I was alone. I got up with the intention of getting on the Nordic Track but I ended up crawling back into bed for a 45-minute nap.

Today, I had planned on getting some cleaning done but my slow start was really interfering with my good intentions. Once I finally did get up, I only managed to exercise for 25 minutes... just no motivation today. By the time I had finished my morning ritual of breakfast, a shower and getting dressed it was almost noon and the only chore I had accomplished was changing the bed. Then I decided it was time to clean the fridge, a major job because it needs some dismantling to be cleaned and defrosted.

When we bought this motorhome, we learned after we took possession that we could have had a regular, domestic, frost-free, side-by-side fridge. Had we ordered the RV with one, this chore wouldn't exist but I would have lost the much needed storage space for my pots and pans. So I reluctantly try to clean and defrost this one at least once a month and today was that day. Before long, the day was over but at least our bed had fresh linens and the fridge was clean and frost free. My "chores" were done and I had accomplished something.

And really...is it any wonder it took so long when in between and frequently I played with Sam!