Karley And Ian Are Coming To Visit PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 09 July 2004 00:00
This morning I woke up excited because Karley and Ian were coming here for the weekend. They haven't been over to the island to see us since we arrived here in June and I was looking forward to their visit. We did spend an evening with them in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago but it was brief... besides with Karley being pregnant, I was excited to see the changes in her appearance.

We went to Langford to pick up some groceries at The Great Canadian Superstore, a huge grocery/department store found out here and as far east as Thunderbay. For those of you who have never been to one, it is an interesting experience. These stores sell everything you can think of as well as a huge array of groceries and the stores are so large, the price-checkers wear roller blades to get around. We also hit Costco, our favourite store, where we scored a few more treats before heading back to the RV park.

Karley called us at 6:00 PM to let us know that a bad accident on Marine Drive in Vancouver delayed their drive to the ferry and they wouldn't be leaving there until 7:00 PM. By the time they did finally get here it was after 9:30 PM so we had a late dinner and before long it was bedtime. Here at Weir's Beach RV Park, there is a guest suite available for rent, so they are staying there. She and I will have to get caught up on all our news in the morning!