She Made It! PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 20 January 2005 00:00

Last night, Air Canada resolved the conflict that caused the wildcat strike in Toronto but they still cancelled all domestic flights putting the airports in this country into a small state of chaos. We went to sleep knowing that at least Angie would be flying out in the morning and if all went well we were expecting to pick her up at Vancouver International Airport at 11:05 AM. I was awake at 4:00 AM Pacific time, so I went online to see the progress of departing flights at the Toronto Airport only to discover a series of delays but no cancellations. Angie's flight was scheduled to leave at 9:00 AM and she called me shortly after 5:00 AM (our time) to say that the plane was delayed due to engine problems. Was this a sign that she was just not supposed to come out here?

Finally, Angie called to say that she was on the plane and as I sat at the computer, I could watch the progress of her departure. Finally at 9:53 AM Eastern time, her plane departed so I went back to bed assured that she would get here. We slept in until 9:00 AM Pacific time and eventually headed for the airport in time to greet her at the gate shortly after noon. We were excited to see her and happy to hear that her flight, though arriving late, went well. We waited for the longest time for the luggage to be unloaded from the plane but it gave us some time to get caught up on her news.

The rain has slowed considerably and for a time this afternoon the sun came out, a good omen. We spent the afternoon showing Angie around and doing some shopping with her.After dinner we stopped briefly by Ian and Karley's so that Angie could meet Ian and Makai, both for the first time. We'll be getting together again for a longer visit when we are all more rested and for now we are just happy that she made it!