Being Pampered PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 21 January 2005 00:00

Three tired people woke up well rested this morning. Angie settled in nicely last night on the divan/sofa in the living room of the motorhome and we all slept in this morning. After a workout and a swim we took our time getting ready for an afternoon in Yaletown.

While I went to a dentist appointment, Rick and Angie walked around Yaletown checking out the various shops. When I was finished we drove over to Granville Market for organic coffees and to pick up some treats for later. The weather here today has been mild, 14C with overcast skies but no rain. It allowed us to park and do some walking and it was a nice break from having to wear raingear. After Granville, we headed back to Yaletown to take Angie to Skoah, a wonderful Vancouver based spa for a facial and a gentle massage. It was something we had booked as part of her Christmas gift that we could enjoy as well.

Angie was ushered into a private salon while Rick and I shared a "couples" room, each with our own esthetician. We enjoyed having our faces cleaned and pampered and having our shoulders, arms, hands and feet massaged. We also decided it was a treat everyone deserves to have and something we intend to do for ourselves again. Facials are no longer something dedicated only to woman and in fact 30% of Skoah's business is for men. Angie experienced her first facial and today Rick found out what he has been missing, too. We left their glowing and headed to our favourite Thai restaurant for dinner before heading home for the night. Now we all have smooth skin and full bellies. Uh huh, it was a great day!