Writing Inconsistently PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 09 May 2005 16:00
When I started writing an online journal of our new life, I had no idea that I would become so committed to it. I write about our travels, our days and our and our family's lives, putting "out there" whatever I encounter. I write about the people that cross our paths, the places we go to and the experiences we have whether other's agree with me or not. When I started this journal my initial purpose for writing it was for two reasons: the first being so our children and friends could keep track of our adventures and the second so I had a record of our days. It has proven to be very beneficial for me by allowing me to vent periodically and it has served as a reminder to me for events I have forgotten. (My memory sucks!) My journal has evolved (I think for the better) and I am happy that others are finding it interesting. My goal is to see the readership grow expedientially (which might just be a wild dream) but I enjoy it so much that I like to think others find it as entertaining as I find it therapeutic.

Since we arrived back to our "old" turf I have been a little slack with posting daily, however, mentally I record what has been going on. Part of my slackness is due to the fact that we have been pretty busy and when I have had time to "stop", writing hasn't been my number one priority. I will continue to post daily events even if I don't post for couple of days and then I will do several at a time.

Today, Rick, Rosanne and I drove to Toronto to have dinner with Jay, Bill, Laura and Angie, her friend Eric and her mom Jo Anne and then attend a Landmark Education seminar that our sons are involved in. Even though Jay and Bill have reaped mountains of benefits from this system, it is not for us at this time but it was wonderful to see how enthusiastic they are and how well they are doing. From it though, we learned that there are many ways to say the same thing and a lot of what they teach is just a variation of some things we already know. By the time we left there, (10:30 PM) and with our drive back to Orillia, we were exhausted when we arrived home (well after midnight) so writing this was not a priority at that time. We were bagged but we still had a great night with our kids and it was well worth the drive! Makai seems to be teething!