It's About Time PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 16 August 2005 16:00
My youngest son Jamie lives in Thunderbay, Ontario and until he flew here in June, I hadn't seen him in over a year. He flew here again last week while we were away in Indiana and I learned that he was heading back on Thursday. So in order to spend a little time with him before he left here, I decided to host a barbeque for him and his friends. Jamie's girlfriend of ten years, Mary, couldn't come with him on this trip but I invited her mom and dad, Don and Donna Sanderson and her twin sister Janet to join us. I also included my sister and her husband, my nephew Mark along with his girlfriend Janine and his sister Jody. Bill and Laura came by for a visit, (they had already made other plans) and Jay was too busy with work to come but, needless to say, I had some work to do for the attendees.

I spent my day planning, marinating fish and beef and preparing several salads so that everyone would have a good time. It has been a while since I have done that much cooking but it seems I haven't lost my touch and there was plenty of food ready by the time everyone arrived.

We enjoyed our meal but more importantly, we enjoyed the time we spent together. It was nice to spend some time with the Sanderson's and to see Janet who reminded us of her twin sister Mary. Jamie's friend, Trevor had worked at Grandview for several years and is now a chef at Horseshoe Valley and it was good to see him and hear about his job. While everyone was here, Jamie asked me if I could drive him to the airport in Toronto tomorrow and even though he needs to be there early, it will give me an opportunity to spend some more time with him. The dinner was a success and though it was a short visit, it was long overdue and good practice for me to get back into my cooking!

Jody came over on horseback and here she is with her horse.