Some More Goodbyes PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 30 August 2005 16:00
Today we had a dinner date in Newmarket with our good friends Mort and Lisa Kluchert but first we had some other stops on our agenda. We borrowed Fred's truck to tow the trailer to Orillia so Rick could have a rack built for the spare tire. Since we purchased the trailer, he has found a fabricator in Orillia who has built us a ramp for the motorcycle and now the rack. Barry does great work, the ramp and rack are no exception, and he is close by making it very convenient to get these additions completed quickly.

From there, we went to Jay's house in Markham where we collected the boxes of our belongings that we are eliminating from storage. There are a number of items we no longer need and we have decided to bring them up to Coldwater to disburse them to Rosanne and Christine and Fred. Jay was at home, having a few days off and we were able to have a short visit with him and say our goodbyes. Rick will be flying back here in December to help Jay pack and move to BC so we know we will see him again soon. We collected some clothes we had at Bill and Laura's and then we went to Newmarket.

When I had been back in Ontario last November, Lisa and Mort brought their then new baby, Reilly over to Jay's house to meet me. Tonight Rick met him for the very first time and I could see the great changes in him. He is blonde, blue-eyed (as you can see) and very inquisitive as most babies are at the age of almost eleven months. Mort used to work for us many years ago at Grandview Lodge and has gone from the role of employee to good friend. It is nice to see him so happy in this new life with Lisa, now both excellent parents to a very content baby boy. We enjoyed a dinner of sushi while engaging in conversation laced with stories of the "old days" when all our lives were so different. We had a great day, tying up loose ends and sharing some fond farewells.