Day Three PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 13 November 2005 16:00

I am happy to say, the symptoms I experienced all day yesterday finally subsided and I woke up this morning feeling much better. As unwell as I was, I knew that if I could just persevere until today, I would be able to continue with this fast for as long as necessary and I made it. Rick has been doing very well, with the exception of a mild headache yesterday and we are now almost through day three. There are probably many of you reading this wondering why on earth we would "starve" ourselves for any length of time, let alone for several days. But fasting is really good for our bodies and if everyone fasted even just once a month for a day or two at a time, you'd soon realize the benefits of it.

This morning Rick was awake before dawn and decided to go for a walk to see the sunrise. I wasn't quite as ambitious so while I continued to snooze, he ventured to the back of the campground with camera in hand and took some photographs for me. Once he returned, he organized and cleaned up the campsite (which really didn't need it) but as a result of our fast, he has energy to burn. While he busied himself outside, I started cleaning inside finally accomplishing what I had wanted to do yesterday. We took a small break and went for a bicycle ride around the park and then Rick went to work helping Steve (the manager here) prepare the new putting green being built in front of the office.

Walter, a talented sign painter who is parked across from us, told Rick that he has had success growing tomatoes here in the winter so after we went swimming with Jennifer we headed in to town to buy a tomato plant and some indoor-outdoor carpet. The carpet will keep our campsite cleaner and hopefully our tomato plant will bear fruit this winter. Because fasting requires a lot of rest and after a full day, we are more tired than usual, so we'll be in bed early tonight. This fast is forcing us to rest more and for the first time in a long time, give ourselves permission to be lazy. Hmmm.... another good reason to do it!