Did Someone Get the License Plate Number PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 28 January 2006 16:00

Of that truck that hit me? I was awake yesterday at 2:00 AM Eastern Time which translates to 11:00 PM the night before in the west. I woke up feeling a little like the cold that I thought I was getting over just might be back and as the day wore on, I knew I was right. The flight from Toronto to Chicago was a good one, despite the fact that we sat on the runway for 40 minutes before taking off and we arrived in Chicago only 5 minutes behind schedule. As the plane was making it’s descent into O’Hare, my ears went crazy… popping, sharp pains and the sensation of going deaf…. not a good sign.

I was concerned that I wouldn’t make my flight to Palm Springs, scheduled for take off 45 minutes later, however as I approached the departure gate, I learned that it was delayed so I had plenty of time. By the time we landed in Palm Springs it was near noon, almost 1 and a half hours late and I was getting progressively worse. My throat was killing me, I was so congested I could hardly hear and I couldn’t keep up with my runny nose. Rick was waiting there for me to arrive and before we went back to the motorhome, we decided to get something to eat at Native Foods. We also stopped at Trader Joes to stock up on groceries, something that was greatly depleted while I was away.

I spent the afternoon on the couch and by day’s end I had a full blown, head kicking, nasty cold. By the time I finally fell asleep it was 9:30 PM, 22 hours after I woke up yesterday. I feel like shit, I am having trouble breathing and I have come to the conclusion that both Rick and I are “allergic” to Ontario because we both returned from there with some kind of virus! Just joking! When one is confined for hours in a flying silver bullet, exposed to hundreds of other people (some of who are already sick), is it any wonder we got sick? That and the huge sleep deprivation thing wearing on our immune systems set us up to catch whatever viruses we were exposed to. Anyway, I am happy to be “home” again with my hubby who is taking very good care of me and I know with his help, I will be my old self again in no time!