Missing “Our” Park PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 02 February 2006 16:00

Yesterday, Rick and I went over to Catalina Spa so that he could attend to the new putting green that he has been working on for the past couple of months. While we were there I made arrangements to teach the computer class today, which I had previously made arrangements for someone else to handle this week. My voice, though deeper than normal, is working fine and besides, I was missing my friends and students.

Since returning from Ontario and then being really sick for a few days, my internal clock has not yet adjusted to Pacific Time so I have been fighting to stay awake past 8:00 PM. Last night, I went to sleep at 8:15 and woke up in what seemed like several hours later. I grabbed the alarm clock to see what time it was and my eyes saw 9:12!! I thought for sure that there was something wrong with the clock so I got up and checked the time in the kitchen and sure enough, it WAS only 9:12 PM. I spent the entire night waking every couple of hours repeating the same scenario and I finally got up for good at 4:45 AM and the mercury was at 13C.

By noon, on our way to Catalina Spa, the temperature had risen to 29C and we enjoyed another fabulous day of cloudless skies and sunshine. The computer class was well attended (as usual) and when we left there at 3:00 PM I had three new potential tutoring clients to work with next week. As I have said before, it is really pretty here at Emerald Desert but I am looking forward to returning to “our” park on Sunday.