Graced PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 08 February 2006 16:00

It is HOT here right now, way hotter than normal for this time of the year and we and all the other “snowbirds” are loving it. Overnight, instead of dropping into the single digits (Celsius), we are enjoying moderate temperatures of 16 to 17C. For the past several mornings, I have been getting up around 6:00 AM and heading up to the upper pool for two reasons. One, there is a water aerobics class in the lower pool from 6:30 to 7:30 AM Monday thru Friday so I can’t do laps and two, the sunrise is so gorgeous! I love… I mean really love swimming as the sky changes from a pink-tinged turquoise to a pale yellow mixed with soft blue. Hence, the pictures I have been putting on each day have been different views of the park and the surrounding mountains at sunrise. It is so awesome to be serenaded by the various birds as they greet the daylight with their songs, each getting louder and louder as the day gets brighter. At that hour I encounter a few other folks enjoying the dawn while walking their dogs or taking in a morning stroll but I am usually the only one in the pool.

Today our high reached 31C but there was a slight breeze that came with it making it a very pleasant day. Rick and I both attended our bird carving class at “The Gallery”, a converted mobile home used for crafts classes, the computer course and various other “classroom” type events. Fortunately, there is air-conditioning in it so we were quite comfortable and able to work without any problems. Though Rick started the class much later than me, his bird is far more complete because of all the classes I have missed since Christmas. I guess I have some serious catching up to do before Vern leaves here at the end of March!

Our perfect day ended with a fabulous dinner at Josephine’s, our favourite local restaurant and as we drove there we saw the most incredible sunset. (Sorry folks, I didn’t have my camera!) How graced are we to be in this paradise known as the Coachella Valley?