Are We Excited…or What? PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 09 February 2006 16:00

Because we have to take a connecting flight to Cancun via Houston, Texas tomorrow, we decided to forgo the use of a suitcase and instead we are each taking a knapsack. This morning Rick packed his and repacked mine (he is just WAY better at it than I am) and he organized his camera bag. Apparently there is a cybercafé at the resort we are staying at so I am taking my laptop and I hope to be writing and uploading pictures each day. If by chance the internet is inaccessible, I will still journal daily and upload everything when we return next Saturday. I have been checking the weather in Cancun daily and it seems like it will be humid and cloudy for much of the week we are there. Because exploring the Mayan ruins is our primary goal, that forecast is actually more desirable than a hot and sunny one.

Today, we tied up loose ends and ensured that our respective “jobs” were being well taken care of while we are gone. Gladys, one of the volunteers here from BC, a fellow cat lover, will check on Sambucca while we are away. It seems we are ready for our early departure tomorrow and hopefully we won’t have forgotten anything.

Earlier this week I received an email from our friend Mort, who recommended a couple of places that he and his wife Lisa had been to on their honeymoon. At the computer class today, Anne Marie, one of the attendees shared with me some more of the “must sees”. I did some research so I hope we have time for all of them because I am sure that our week will fly by. Oh, and did I mention before that we are excited? By this time tomorrow we should be driving to the resort we are staying at and admiring the countryside on our way there. Stay tuned for more….