Who Wudda Thunk It? PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 14 March 2006 16:00

I didn’t see it coming and I don’t know when it happened but I am officially a bonafide computer geek…yes I will finally admit it...I am a geek! Anyone reading this knows that I convene a computer class here and I help folks with computer problems. Recently I have been helping some friends here with their computer, getting it cleaned up, updated and trying to get it WIFI ready. Lee had installed a WIFI antenna onto his computer which worked for a short while but it eventually shut down and made his laptop behave a little wonky. On the weekend, he returned the antenna to Circuit City, where he purchased it and they couldn’t resolve his problem so instead they sold him a different one.

The new one was no better than the first and now some of his programs were malfunctioning so today I was determined to remove the software that was causing all the problems. Circuit City had tried to remove it and failed, (the file was corrupted) so for me it was a challenge that I actually looked forward to. I worked all morning in the office but I was able to work on Lee’s computer while there and I could not resolve the problem. This afternoon, I went to help someone in a neighbouring park and when I returned home, a light bulb went off in my brain. I sat down at Lee’s computer and safely removed the corrupt file and all the software causing the problems.

I cannot describe the elation I felt when Lee and Marilyn’s computer was able to work perfectly and was once again problem free. We will be installing a different WIFI antenna with less complications and I am confident that all will be well. I believe all of the above qualifies me to be a member of the “Computer Geek Club” and I am loving it…who wudda thunk it!??

Today's pic has nothing to do with the journal entry but I caught this guy enjoying the pond by the upper pool this morning!