Let’s Make A Difference PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 25 April 2006 16:00

Since our journey started in December 2003, with few exceptions I have written about us; what we see, what we do, our experiences, but essentially it is all “selfish” writing. Recently I have been sharing the emotional and physical difficulties I have been undergoing… again “selfish” stuff. Today, as I was writing, the Oprah Winfrey show has been on in the background. Today she has been highlighting through the aid of reporters/actors Lisa Ling, George Clooney, Lucy Lui among others, some of the atrocities that those people unfortunate enough to be born African are enduring while we sit back and do nothing. We being much of the rest of the world, turning a blind eye or pretending we don’t know about it.

I don’t know about you, but I feel extremely ashamed and deeply saddened by the fact that while I enjoy the luxury of freedom to travel, eat whatever I want, enjoying my life, there are millions of people in several countries in Africa who are barely alive; who are being beaten, raped and murdered with no hope in sight. At the same time I feel helpless and wonder what good can I, one person, do about these events? Today, I am using this forum to inform you, the readers of this site, that these atrocities are happening and there is something WE all can do to stop it. First spread this information around either by sending your friends and relatives to this site for more information and by going to the websites listed below and either sign up where you can and if possible make a donation, no matter what size, to the cause of your choice. We have roughly 75 readers a day here and if you added just two people each and they did likewise, imagine how many people this could reach?

Go to www.savedarfur.org and/or www.invisiblechildren.com and/or www.genocideintervention.net and/or www.oprah.com. Personally, I signed every petition and lobbying form I could find and I made a donation on behalf of Rick and myself to The Invisible Children Fund. If we all do something we WILL make a difference and we could take great pride in knowing our generation had something to do with making this world a safer place for future generations.