Six More Sleeps?? PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 01 May 2006 16:00

After some particularly rough past few days, I feel fabulous today, perhaps an indication that I have finally rounded the corner on the way to total wellness. Here’s hoping this is the first of many more great days making next Monday our first day back on the road to BC. The weather has been very hot, very hazy with LA smog and “very” making me wish I could at least go swimming periodically! Today we saw a high of 38C (or 100F) but fortunately the forecast for the rest of the week is suggesting a cooler trend in the lower 30’sC (90’sF), making being here “swimless” more bearable for yours truly. Thank goodness for air-conditioning!

Rick gets up in the morning, prepares our breakfast and coffee and heads outside for his morning sweat. Actually, for the past couple of days he has started to (what else?) polish the vehicles in preparation for our trip north while he prays that they stay clean for the next few days. Bit by bit, I’ve noticed things disappearing, evidence of his organizational skills and obvious packing up. By noon he is ready to cool down with a “swim” (oh, how’d I love to join him) (did I mention that already?) and a shower and today I surprised him with the suggestion that we go shopping this afternoon after he was done.

Yes, today I was in a vertical position, standing or walking for four+ hours and even now, sitting, I am still feeling pretty darned good. Tomorrow another visit to the doctor should remove the last of my sutures and give us the okay to set out in just 6 more sleeps. Ever since my kids were little, that’s been the way I do a countdown for something exciting on its way. Trust me when I say that firing up the Cummins diesel, hooking up the trailer and heading north to Canada is something we are very excited about. Daily Makai is learning another new word and walking everywhere while his getting-bigger-by-the-day Mom, Karley, is chasing after him. Methinks there just maybe some excitement building in Mission as well!