Hunting for Goggles PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 12 August 2006 16:00

Now that we are getting a new motorcycle we have purchased new helmets (much more comfortable) and helmet-to-helmet communicators. Our other helmets were full-face ones and I had hoped they would alleviate any problems I had with my eyes drying out. However our trip to Oregon proved that I need something even more substantial. Mine was also so snug on the sides that wearing my sunglasses was out of the question and even my thin wire frames would dig into the sides of my head. Today we ventured into Vancouver with Makai on the hunt for prescription goggles.

Our first stop was to Strozzi’s in Yaletown, an optical store where we have purchased glasses before. The goggles they had weren’t exactly what I wanted, too limiting, so we pushed on but not before having a wonderful lunch at the Glowbal Grill. We’d walked by this particular eatery many times without checking it out and based on our experience today we did ourselves a disservice. The food was superb, the service outstanding and our outdoor patio seating, comfortable and entertaining (perfect for people-watching!).

We then headed to Performance Vision on Burrard Street, a few blocks away where we found the perfect eyewear. They have interchangeable lenses,(yellow for night and grey for sunny days) an elastic strap that can be alternated with arms (or temples) and the rubber padding is removable so that the goggles can become sunglasses as well. Rick liked them so much; he is getting a pair too! Are we ever going to be a cool motorcycling duo!

I took this picture of Makai and Rick while we were walking around in Yaletown.