Stuff PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 14 August 2006 16:00

Today I received an update for our Garmin Street Pilot III, GPS unit. I am pretty savvy when it comes to computers and electronics but I have been struggling with some hardware for our GPS. This evening, after several attempts and a couple of frustrating hours, I was unable to update the hardware (I did update the software though) and I am only now getting to my Blog and my journal. I feel like I spent the evening bashing my head against a wall. Grrrr!

On an “up” note, after a long wait, today the new baby swing we ordered for Monet arrived and yours truly assembled it “all by myself”. In my “pre-Rick" days, I was the handyperson (using politically correct terms) in our family and have assembled many things from simple toys to model remote control cars. Since Rick came into my life, he has taken over that role and I have relaxed but it’s nice to know I can still pull it off when I need to.

Yesterday, I sorted through the trunk load of photographs in the basement and came across many memory strainers (I needed to strain my brain to remember when they were taken). Over the next few days, I will post some that I have no recollection of them being taken at all but I think they are pretty cool. This first one is of Jamie when he was much younger; it is one of four, the others are of Karley, Jay and me, all black & white and close-up.