A Fun Day in Mission PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 19 August 2006 16:00

In the past few weeks Makai has been taking more and more of an interest in cars and motorcycles. (Gee, I wonder why?) He has been pulling out anything with wheels from his toy box and running them along the floor, including a little plastic train caboose. Last week, Rick went to the local dollar store and bought Makai a motorcycle, a race car and a truck so he would have something more realistic to play with. This morning Ian and Rick along with Morag, decided to take Makai to watch a race at the Mission Raceway thinking he might enjoy seeing some real cars going around a track. Apparently his immediate response upon arriving at the speedway was a big “Wow!” and once he saw the cars running on the track he yelled out “Go, Go, Go!” So I would say his first experience at a car race was well received and something (no doubt) he will do often in the future.

Karley and I remained home with Monet, who was sleeping soundly until noon and then we joined the race fans at the Mission Springs Hotel for lunch. Afterwards the women went back to the house so Makai could nap and the men returned to the track to watch more of the races. Once they got back, Rick finished assembling the new bike and this evening after dinner, we went out on it for a test drive. It is a much “tighter” ride; quieter and easier to balance and we have confirmed it was a wise purchase.

Be sure to check in the Pictures section folks. I added a few today!