A Movie For A NASCAR Fan PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 21 August 2006 16:00

Anyone reading this knows by now that my hubby Rick is a NASCAR fan, something I knew nothing about until he became part of my life. In November of 1994, we attended our first NASCAR race together, then the “Winston” Cup Championship race in Atlanta, Georgia. (Now known as the Nextel Cup.) Though I am not the avid fan that he is, I enjoy his enthusiasm and love how enamored he gets about a race.

Last summer we went to the Indianapolis Speedway with Gayle (Rick’s sister), her husband Graham and our friend Rosanne to watch a NASCAR race. For me, I would have enjoyed the race more if I’d been at home in front of the TV but my cohorts were in their glory. And this past winter Rick was able to go to a race in California with his friend, Dail, while I stayed happily at the motorhome.

Recently a new movie was released, Talladega Nights, The Ballad of Ricky Bobby starring Will Ferrell and tonight we went to see it with Jay. Because of the grandchildren, Karley and Ian went last night while we babysat and now we can all compare notes. I can tell you this; it was great entertainment with plenty of laughs throughout the whole movie, especially if you are familiar with the world of NASCAR (but even if you’re not). We’ll have to get the DVD (when it comes out) so that in the future when I “need” a NASCAR fix, I can watch the movie instead. It’s more up my alley; funnier, less noisy and way more comfortable!

Karley took this picture of me with Monet on Sunday because we wore matching outfits!!