A Nice Little Getaway PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 23 August 2006 16:00

Last evening once we arrived at Michael and Dolores’s, we were warmly greeted and well fed. It was great to be back visiting them at Pike Lake; their home and a place we hadn’t visited since the summer of 2004. By the time we finished dinner, it was too late to be updating either the Blog or this website and so for the first time in a very long time, both sites had no entries until today. As their house is undergoing some renovations, we were housed across the lake in the summer house with no internet access.

This morning once we were up and dressed, Rick and I walked along “Granny’s” Trail (a tribute to Michael’s late mom, Noreen who passed away in March) to the Todd residence. Under a flurry of construction activity, I was able to update everything wirelessly in their roomy office overlooking the lake; a great setting. Afterwards Dolores and I went into Victoria to run some errands while the guys did guy things (fix motors and drive cars). Later we joined them at the house for a delicious meal of barbequed salmon, pasta and fresh green beans on their outdoor patio; a perfect ending to a busy day.

This evening we rented the movie, RV, with Robin Williams which we’ll watch on their newly installed (as in this afternoon) HUGE screen TV (a projection television system on a screen the size of a large wall)! Tomorrow we’ll be heading out early, 7:00 AM, to catch the 8:00 o’clock ferry in order to be back before noon to baby-sit. It has been a nice little getaway and good practice for all of us (Karley, Rick and I) for when we leave in September.