An New Old “Do” and a Smile PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 24 August 2006 16:00

After living on the road without a routine for over two years, when we have to set an alarm clock it totally messes us up. We wanted to catch the 8:00 o’clock ferry to Tsawwassen this morning so last night we set the alarm clock for 5:30 which would give us about an hour to get to the ferry once we were showered and dressed. Both Rick and I woke up at 4:00 AM and never really slept again because we kept checking the time every fifteen minutes. Needless to say we were up, dressed and on the road in plenty of time to catch the 7:00 o’clock ferry instead.

It is beautiful here in BC again today and our ride on the bike and ferry was fabulous. We arrived back in Mission shortly after 10:00, in plenty of time to baby-sit while Karley went to a chiropractor’s appointment at 12:00. Afterwards she had a client scheduled to have her hair styled, hence the need for us to be back early. (These appointments were scheduled prior to our plans to go to the island.) After dealing with “helmet head” over the past few weeks on our motorcycle outings, I decided it would be much easier if Karley would cut my hair super short once again. Because she was in the styling mode, while Monet slept and Makai was out with Grandpa, I had her go at my head and “Voila!”, I have a new “old” hairdo back.

It is nice to be back with the “babies” again; we missed them a lot and it was especially nice to receive a big smile from Monet and a hug and kiss from Makai upon our return. It seems we were missed too!