Grandpa Has A Helper PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 30 May 2006 16:00

While listening to the news, we have heard that Ontario and places east are in the middle of a heat wave while here, on the west coast, we are having cool, rainy weather. Today our weather started out as overcast, then the sun shone for a while and by days end we were experiencing overcast skies again. The next few days are calling for rain, rain and more rain so today we have been taking advantage of the clear weather while it lasts.

Rick finished planting some bedding plants (with his helper of course) and also purchased the necessary components to install water and sewer hookups for the Moho. After having a plumber price the job, he decided to save the $1000 quoted and do the job himself for a little over $100 in parts and at this pace, it is looking like by the weekend our “site” will be perfect.

This afternoon Karley, Makai and I went to Abbotsford, 10 km. away, so I could get acquainted with the area and learn where some of the stores are. It always takes me a while to get my bearings in someplace new so the outing was an ‘educational” necessity. While out, we stopped at Costco (one of my favourite stores and another educational necessity) to pick up some supplies before heading back home. It is 7:30 PM and the rain has returned but considering our long, dry winter, we have no complaints at all.