<b>Fingers Crossed PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 11 June 2006 16:00
p>The thought of going to a clinic must have knocked the sickness out of Rick and I have to say it sure is nice to have my hubby back on this side of good health again. (see our blog entry) This morning my good man woke up feeling better than he has for three days, even managing to eat and keep his breakfast down. In three days Rick has dropped five pounds so this turn in his health was imperative and though he is weak and moving slowly, he IS getting better.

Makai must have noticed the change as well because he became his Grandpa’s shadow for most of the afternoon. After 10 days, the concrete extension that was added to Ian and Karley’s driveway is fully set so today it was time to move the motorhome over onto it. Makai sat on Rick’s lap while he wiggled the motorhome into place and I stood outside directing him. They were both thrilled! Now we can fully extend our slide-outs and set things up properly inside for our summer stay.

As I was writing this, I received and email from Taunja (Rick’s niece) in Ontario writing to see how her Uncle Rick was doing. She let me know that the bug that had brought Rick down was one that had made its round in her family a few weeks ago making everyone there sick for several days as well. Now we just have to hope that his contagiousness was long past before he came here and in the meantime, I am loading up on immune boosting vitamins. With a little luck, our hosting family will avoid this nasty virus too! Thanks for the “heads-up”, Taunja!