Promoted PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 21 June 2006 16:00

Though I don’t write about my youngest son Jamie often, it doesn’t mean that I love him any less than my other kids. He lives in Thunderbay, Ontario with Mary, his longtime girlfriend, and unfortunately we don’t get to see them very often. When Rick and I made the decision to sell the house and hit the road, it was Jamie who took it the hardest; not the part about us leaving but the part about selling the house. (He was 3 years old when we moved there and it is the only house he ever knew.) We managed to visit him in Thunderbay last fall and he was in Central Ontario a couple of times when we were there last summer, but he didn’t make it here or to Palm Springs when the other kids did.

Today, Jamie became a captain with Bearskin Airlines, his employer in Thunderbay, and we are very proud of him. When he went to school to become a pilot, there were approximately 125 students registered for the course. By the time he graduated two and a half years later, he was one of only 25 who made it to the end. Of those graduates, less than a dozen are actually flying commercially; making a living out of the profession they went to school for. Jamie loves flying, is passionate about it and does it very well. My dad was a pilot in the RCAF and was so proud of his grandson for following in his footsteps (he graduated a couple of weeks before my dad died).

Ultimately, his goal is to get hired with Air Canada or another large airline and fly bigger planes but for a 27 year old, I think he is doing very well to be where he is now. This entry is to let others know how proud I am of my youngest son and to say, “Good on you”, Jamie! (Don’t get me wrong, I am very proud of ALL our children!) I know his dad, Jim Seabrook and his grandfather Dick Ainsley, are flying by his side everytime he sits in the cockpit of a plane!

Because I don't see him often, this picture will have to do. It was taken in 2003!